Monday, July 8, 2013

My deaf Golden Boy and my current project...

Well...we were pretty sure that Sundance was going deaf, so we have been "testing" his hearing ourselves for a few days.  He used to dance around if you asked him if he wanted to go for a ride in the car...now, he doesn't even acknowledge that he heard you!  He can't hear anything, actually.  We wondered why he wasn't greeting us at the door; now we know that he couldn't hear us coming in.  Thank goodness David taught him hand signals when he was a puppy!!  I've been reading forums and articles regarding deafness in Goldens and apparently he will be able to manage quite well, but he will need extra loving on because he doesn't know why we aren't talking to him anymore.  Which won't be hard to do...we love on him all the time anyways!  But, no more going outside without his leash to play "frizz"...he can't hear cars approaching!
I bought a white Campaign style desk last year and painted it red.  I didn't like it in red, so I'm sanding it (Thanks to my brother Forrest for the Home Depot gift card for Christmas; I used it for a new sander!!) and re-painting it shiny black!  Glad our garage is air-conditioned, because I can work in there in relative comfort even though it is 96 degrees out!  It's about 75 degrees in the garage.  I've been spray painting some of the furniture from my guest room...used to be pink but spray painted them white now.

Sundance...smiling even though he can't hear a thing!!

I'd already sanded the top of the desk and one of the drawers here

No comments:

Post a Comment