Friday, September 17, 2010

September is such a hard month for me...

Not everyone knows this, but my daughter, Jennifer, passed away on September 21st, 1990.  Her 18th birthday was on September 14th, 1990.  She had just given birth to my oldest grandson, Andres on September 6th, 1990.  She died of complications of Lupus...a disease that I had never even heard of.  Some years, I do okay around this time.  Some years, it just seems more than I can bear.  This year, it seems more than I can bear.  She was my daughter, my friend, my shoe shopping buddy and just an all-around delighful young woman, and I miss her more than I can even put into words.  My friend, Bethany McDonald, passed away several months ago and I miss her SO much.  Today is her birthday.  I know I should celebrate their lives, however short they both were.  This year...I just can't do that.  My heart is broken. 

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your daughter, Jennifer. I'll be praying for you!
    Love ya,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete