Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mount Ranier...day three

We woke up to a clear, cool day and could see the mountain driving into the park!!  No clouds.  No fog.  Just the mountain!!  We drove up to the Paradise Visitor's Center (which is closed now and open only on the weekends) and Brother Sacker took another picture of Mount Rainier from the exact same spot as on Sunday and Monday and guess what?  Yes...you can see the mountain!!  Whoo Hoo!  We drove and took pics of the fall colors, then went to Reflection Lakes and Brother Sacker took some amazing pics of the mountain reflected in the lake...hence, Reflection Lake!  Since the first day that we were in the park, we have seen huge water falls, medium water falls and smaller water falls.  I was intensly curious to taste the water...it is so clear.  So, on the way out of the park, Brother Sacker pulled over and I took an empty water bottle, crossed a small water filled ravine and put my bottle under the dripping water and filled up my water bottle!  I got wet...very wet!  And, tore my new black tights.  But, I got the water!!  I climbed out of the ravine, got in the car and drank the water...it was cold, clear and delicious!  So far, I have not come down with any horrible disease from drinking the water!  Then, we drove to the National Park Inn and sat on the porch and just vegged and enjoyed the cool weather and the view of the mountain.  While there, we were visited by a very bold blue bird.  We had eaten breakfast the day before at the Inn and had lunch there on Tuesday and really enjoyed talking to our waitress and the food was great!  And, yes...I got a menu!!  Please check back for pics and a video or two...we are both too tired to post pics tonight!  (Sorry, Pat!)  I love Washington state!!

No comments:

Post a Comment