Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Husband...My Knight in Shining Armour

Today, we hiked the Fiery Furnace hike in Arches National Park in Utah. This was a hike that I have been dreading since Brother Sacker started talking about doing it. It is a difficult, strenuous hike under the best conditions. Add wearing a denim skirt into the mix, a woman who DESPISES climbing on, around or over rocks into that mix and a woman who has a fear of heights also into that mix! What does that give you? ME!! So, of course I have spent almost a month trying to dissuade Brother Sacker from doing this hike! I even told him I was sure I could find something to do while he did the hike without me! To absolutely NO avail! So, when Brother Sacker was violently ill last night (we think it was something he ate at ZAK'S restaurant last night), my second thought was...great, he will probably be way too sick to do this hike! My first thought was uh oh...my husband is VERY sick! Little did I know that Brother Sacker touched God's heart for a quick healing and got it, too! So, off we go this morning (Tues.) to meet our ranger led hike with about fifteen other crazies...I mean hikers! I fell during a hike several years ago and broke a rib and my hiking self-confidence has suffered quite a bit. We had to climb rocks, jump across crevices (where if you fall...splat! Nuff said!) squeeze through crevices, I could go on and on, but if you want a good idea of this hike...google Fiery Furnace hike in Arches National Park and you'll see how difficult this hike is. Brother Sacker helped me climb over rocks, jump those crevices, anything and everything else this hike entailed...he helped me and didn't complain once! He encouraged me when I said that I couldn't do something and rejoiced with me when I accomplished something! So...to Brother Sacker...thank you! You are my knight in shining armour. I love you. And, I appreciate your encouragement. And, on a side note...Brother Sacker told me that he can see my self-confidence growing with every hike we do...whoo hoo!
Brother Sacker is working on our pictures on Picassa web, so I will hopefully post links to all our vacation pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment