Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another menu worthy restaurant! And, yes, I got the menu!

Tonight we ate dinner at El Restaurante en Punta Morro, on the recommendation of Jesus Ortiz, who is our personal taxi driver now!! Punta Morro is on a cliff right on the ocean...it was beautiful. Actually, beautiful does not do it justice. We arrived a little before sunset and walked down some rock steps to almost within a few feet of the ocean. A rock collector's (like me) dream! And, no, I did not take a rock...I'm waiting for this weekend for rocks! We sat at a corner table for two and starting oohing and aahing! We watched the sun go down and the tide start coming in. The menu was in English with the prices in pesos! Our waiter took our order and I told him I wanted the lobster crepes, to which he said that no, that I wanted the lobster enchiladas!! So, I had the lobster enchiladas!! Brother Sacker ordered the sea bass with a white wine and cilantro sauce. Our dinners were wonderful. Oh...before they brought our ice teas, they gave us each these swirly, hard rolls and they leave two small dishes of butter. One was quite obviously butter with garlic and spices. The other one was smooth and brown. So naturally, I assume it is a chocolate butter and spread some on my roll. Right as I am taking a bite, Brother Sacker tells me that the brown stuff isn't very tasty. So, of course, I take my bite and almost gag!! I told Brother Sacker that it tasted like liverwurst (which I actually love). Turns out the brown stuff is chicken liver pate'!! Which Brother Sacker said tasted like dirt! And also gave me a quick chicken anatomy class!! Needless to say...not chocolate butter, which I think would have been pretty cool!! Hmmm...I just had hmmmm moment. There are no waitresses here; only waiters. More on that thought later. BTW...Jesus Ortiz gave us a ride in his taxi on Monday night. He gave us his card with his cell phone number on it and said not to call anyone, but him! He is a hoot! He has been married 11 years and is going to finally be a daddy and is thrilled! He has given us the best restaurant recommendations and even drew Brother Sacker a small map of some places to go this weekend (we will have a car this weekend). We want to see El Bufadoro...the blowhole. I love Mexico!!
Menu from Punta Morro
At Punta Morro with the ocean behind us

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great time with a lot of good food. I am missing seeing your pictures though. Ask Bro Sacker to pleeeeease help you put them on :)

    ReplyDelete