Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's hear a big hooray for fish tacos!!!!!

Okay...I have to admit that the thought of a fish taco just about turned my stomach! You know how we Americans use ground meat and mix in a packet of taco seasoning? (OK, maybe I'm the only non-cook around and everyone else makes their taco seasoning from scratch! Show-offs!) I simply could NOT imagine doing that with fish...yuck! Well...last night we ate at Mahi-Mahi and Brother Sacker ordered some fish tacos for our appetizer. A few minutes later (cue the music from Jaws here!), our waiter brings a plate with two fish tacos (placed upside down on the plate and I'm thinking yeah, cuz they really don't want you to see what exactly is inside that fish taco!!) and some yellow rice on it. He also left a small plate with chopped onions, sliced purple onions, chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro and a little plastic container with some white stuff in it. Turning the taco over, you can imagine my delighted surprise when I discover that a fish taco is just a large piece of tempura battered fish filet put in a white corn tortilla!! Whoopee!! Oh...and the white stuff? It's mayo! And here I thought I didn't like Mexican food! Of course now, I'll be comparing all other fish tacos to the ones I ate at Mahi-Mahi!! Definitely a menu-worthy restaurant!! For those of you who don't know...I collect menus. Only, of course, from restaurants we have eaten in that have great food! I actually have menus from The Court of Two Sisters and Emeril's in New Orleans...VERY hard to come by! But, I digress! (I'll do a menu post some other time!!) Anyway...now I have to figure out how to ask for a menu and explain that I collect menus to someone who speaks limited English! Or, so I thought! Finally, our waiter gets an older man who speaks good English and hands me a menu after I explain why I would like one! And, this menu is all in Spanish...I love it!! I may have to go back to the Pueblo Cafe and TRY to get a menu from there. Our waiter told us he is there everyday, except Tuesday and his name is Roberto! I just love Mexico!

Menu from Mahi Mahi
I love fish tacos
 
Roberto serving us at the Pueblo Cafe

       

No comments:

Post a Comment