Friday, October 8, 2010

It is easier to leave America than to get back into America!!

Daniel, our wonderful driver from Navico, picked us up this morning, Friday Oct. 8, at 9:30 am. We said sad goodbyes to the staff at the Hotel Coral...remember we have been there for two weeks; you kind of get to know everyone! Daniel has a business pass to get into the US, which means that he can avoid the two hour wait at the border and go through the business lines, which is good for him! However, not so good for his passengers in the van...they have to get out, get their baggage out of the van, and walk across the border! Thank goodness for rolling suitcases! So, Brother Sacker and I get our bags, etc. and walk about a city block to go through the border crossing. You show your passport to a man, who asks if you are bringing a whole list of things into the US, and voilĂ !! You are now back in the United States! Daniel picked us up about a block away, loaded our bags back on the van and we were once again on our way. A small inconvenience compared to having to wait two hours or longer in a line of cars crossing into the US! Okay...had a little trouble staying connected to the Internet at the airport, but we are at the bed and breakfast in Seattle, so...I'm back. Back to San Diego...Brother Sacker decided he was hungry and asked Daniel to go to the In-N-Out burger place cuz it is now 12:30 and lunchtime and we didn't have time to eat anything this morning. Daniel enthusiastically says great! Viktoria, however is NOT so thrilled! Think kind of greasy hamburgers (which is one reason for their popularity, I suppose), some kind of sauce, fries...you get the picture! Not ideal breakfast food. We get to the San Diego airport and say our sad good-byes and muchos gracias to Daniel and I get a hug, too! We go to Alaska Air and get checked in (I had to put some shoes in Brother Sacker's suitcase, cuz mine was a few pounds over and his was a few pounds under. And, no I did NOT bring that many shoes, Billy Jo!) I am almost through the full body scan and have to have my hair patted down cuz the machine detected the wire in the hair thingy in my hair! Our flight to Seattle was delayed almost an hour because one of the pilots was just flying in from Cabo and had to go through customs! We finally lift off and had a smooth flight. I played some games on my iPad, then (very graciously and very generously) let Brother Sacker play chess on my iPad (we downloaded ichess the other night for him). Then, we played WordZinga on my iPad. Then, we landed, got our bags, got our car and went to dinner at Ivars Acres of Clams. We had seafood chowder (me), clam chowder (Brother Sacker) and some fish and shrimp. And, yes...I got a menu! Thank you to Susan Smith for the recommendation! We are now settled in at the Dibble House Bed and Breakfast. I love Mexico! Oops...not in Mexico any longer...oh, well...I still loved Mexico!

1 comment:

  1. We want pictures!!! Isn't traveling fun, especially when you're an apostolic lady? Every time I travel I get the wand...one time I was told they have to wand everyone that comes through in a dress. Talk about discrimination. Anyhow, glad you enjoyed Ivar's. I'd hate to make a bad recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete