Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Great Food!!

On Monday, we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant...it was chilly and raining lightly and we didn't feel like going out! Just had a light dinner.

On Tuesday night, we ate at Casa Mar...I had fish tacos and Brother Sacker doesn't remember what he had...but, I do...he had scallops! And, yes I got the menu! Daniel, one of the drivers at Navico, recommended Casa Mar and dropped us off there after Brother Sacker got back from work. We took a taxi back to the hotel...not with Jesus, our usual driver though.

Tonight, Wednesday night, we called Jesus to take us to El Rey Sol...a Mexican restaurant that serves French pastry desserts! David ordered a Mexican combo plate, but our waitress misunderstood him and brought him a seafood combination plate! He ate most of it. I ordered seafood linguine and just ate the shrimp and a few pieces of pasta...it had a wine sauce that was a little too strong for me. Then, we decided to have Crepes for dessert. They make them right there at your table...it was fun watching the whole process! Actually, our other young waiter, Edgar, made the crepes, under the watchful eye of two other waiters, who were training him on how to do it...bless his heart! Pictures will be posted soon...Brother Sacker needs to help me and he is one step ahead of exhaustion tonight. We had asked Jesus if he knew where we could get some postcards on the way to dinner. He wasn't actually sure what a postcard was, so we told him we would shop for them later, after dinner. Well, we asked one of the waiters if he knew where we could get some postcards and about ten minutes later, he brought us an assortment of post cards, told us to pick what we wanted and let him know if we wanted any other ones! So, I picked the ones I wanted and asked if he could get five each of several cards I really loved...of course he would! Ten minutes later...I had about thirty postcards and Brother Sacker paid for them! Now THAT is what I call service! And, yes, I got the menu! Actually, they don't give menus to anyone, but, they took the menu out of the leather cover and gave it to me...top secret! We were treated like royalty there! Look for pics in a day or two. We are invited to have dinner tomorrow night at Ramses' mothers house with Ramses and his girlfriend Jasmine. Oh, Jesus ALSO picked up some postcards for us...we bought six from him. I love Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment