Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Darling Mother-in-Law, Ethel

My mother-in-law, Ethel, is just the greatest!  We have had our trials and came through them loving each other more than ever.  Since my mom has passed away, sometimes I just need a mom...and, I have Ethel.  We talk about everything and anything.  She has the greatest stories to tell...I could sit and listen for hours.  In fact, I have done just that on several occasions.  I have learned so much from this wonderful woman and I am so blessed to have her in my life.  I can't wait to see her; I think we are gonna put up her Christmas tree and decorate her house for Christmas...it's her favorite time of the year, as well as mine.  She is 84 years young, loves her boys, writes stories, writes cookbooks, does geneology and we love to shop when I'm there (of course!!)  Today, she had a plumber in her house who not only left her a mess that took three hours to clean up, but he tried to over-charge her for an extra hour!  Now, you tell me...who treats an older lady like that?  She was mad and now, I'm not exactly thrilled with this guy.  I hope I get the opportunity to meet him and have a little chat with him on how to treat ladies!  Shame on him for being mean and trying to cheat her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment