Saturday, December 18, 2010

Whoopee...it is almost Christmas!!

I love this time of the year...decorating my house for Christmas takes me an entire week, but the results are well worth the effort! I love to find the perfect gifts for friends and family. I love the Christmas programs at church...we will miss the program in our Tulsa church, but will be at our church away from church in LeBlanc, LA, with our LA church family and see their Christmas program. We are currently in Jefferson, TX at the Inn at Jefferson, where we usually stay if we are not at a B & B. We wanted to take the old steam engine ride along the bayou and see the light display tonight but they are sold out...bummer! So, we made reservations to take the train tour on January 1st, 2011...complete with fire works! Even better! Brother Sacker took pictures of our decorated house and I will be posting those later...remember I can't do it from my iPad! Sister Billy ( Stewart) and Sister Christy (Gouyd) came over this morning, before we left for LA to see the decorations and they really liked them. We left the boys behind, which is harder and harder for us, so I told Dana (Ford, one of our fabulous house/puppy sitters, along with her baby brother Tyler, who gets to stay in my famous pink guest room!! More on that later!!) that she would have one unhappy Cairn terror (oops...terrier) and one pouting Golden Retriever waiting for her! I have practically begged Dana to get pics of Tyler sleeping in the pink room (now featuring one pink flocked tree, one white tree and one pink feather tree!), but he apparently threatened her life...so we may not get that picture! Hopefully, the pics of decorations will be posted by tomorrow, if possible. I love Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment