Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Day Spent with Sister Taylor Bargain Hunting!

Sister Ann Taylor lives in Beggs, OK.  I met her several years ago when Brother Sacker and I were involved in our church's daughter work in Beggs.  We just "hit it off" right away!  I try to spend one day of the week with Sister Taylor...we shop, we have lunch together, we run errands, we explore different towns in OK...all in all, just get together and have fun.  Yesterday, I picked Sister Taylor up and we came back to Tulsa and went to the Goodwill Store, the Salvation Army store and had lunch at Applebee's.  The following pics are of Sister Taylor (some taken at her apartment and some taken at Applebee's) and the bargains I found at the Goodwill Store.  The lucite lamp is my favorite purchase, I only paid $4.00 for it.  I found the white shade today at Target and I'll be adding some embellishments and fabric to the shade as soon as I decide where I will be using it.  I have several pieces of furniture in our garage that need to be stripped and re-done.  One piece is an old desk that I may "fix up" and use in our office.  So, I may use the lamp in there.  And, the electric skillet, I only paid $20.00 for and it appears to be almost un-used!! 

Sister Taylor in her kitchen

Sister Taylor waiting for her lunch at Applebee's

Moosewood Restaurant cookbook has low-fat recipes and
 the Slow Good cookbook is a Weight Watchers cookbook

This scrolly thing is heavy!!  Not sure what I'm gonna do
with it, yet.

A covered dish that you microwave in

My "new" electric skillet.  I can't wait to use it.

Lucite lamp base

The lamp with the lamp shade I found at Target

1 comment:

  1. You will have to send me some of the slow WW recipes. I really need them. I've just about given up on this dieting thing.
    I am so happy both you and your husband are doing well!
    It sounds like you and Sis Taylor have a great time on your Ladies Day Out :-)
    Keep them pictures coming LOL.....
    Pat

    ReplyDelete