Sunday, April 17, 2011

Various and Sundry Things!!

Well...I have several different things to blog about.  So...without further ado, here they are!

My BFF, Liz Butler and I went shopping last week.  She always tells me how easy it is to park one of those Mama vans.  I have a compact convertible, so it seems like a daunting task to me to even DRIVE one of those vans, let alone try to park it.  When we were walking back to her van, I noticed just what a wonderful job she did of parking...

Reminds me of my friend, Kim Lenhart, who doesn't want
anyone parking near her pretty black SUV!!

Next up...two new gifts from my wonderful Secret Sister.  She gave me the coolest wind chimes...I love wind chimes!  In fact, I came home from church and immediately hung them up on my front porch!  When we had the wind storm the other night, they sounded so lyrical and sweet; even Brother Sacker made a comment about how pretty they sounded!  Apparently, my Secret Sister doesn't like wind chimes and even told me that if I didn't like them, I could re-gift them!  No way...I LOVE them!!  Here is a picture...

I love them!

Today, she gave me this darling bowl.  I love it!  And, I plan on using it...I like to have blackberries and lite whipped cream in a bowl once in awhile and I'll think of her when I eat them out of this darling bowl!  We have our Secret Sister revealing luncheon on Sat. April 30th.  I can't wait to find out who she is and give her a big hug...not just for the beautiful and thoughtful gifts, but also for the cards and letters she has given me.  And, for the prayers and encouragement...that means more to me than anything else.

And, it's pink, too!!

The next few pictures are of my little fat boy, Valentino.  He is my Cairn Terror...uh, Cairn Terrier!!  Brother Sacker gave him to me as part of my Valentine's Day gift back in 2002.  I love this little fat guy.  He really IS a Cairn Terrier...the last time I dropped him off at the groomers, Brother Sacker told them to shave him completely down!!  You cannot even imagine my dismay when I picked Valentino up that day...but, I love him with or without hair...fat or skinny!  I had given both boys a Kong (red rubber things that we put peanut butter in) and gave Valentino the empty p.b. container.  Sundance had gotten an empty p.b. container the day before, so it was Valentino's turn!!  He even brought the container to bed with him!!  And, growled at poor Sundance every time Sunny boy got near him!!  Yeah...Valentino is old and grouchy!!



My poor "naked" Valentino

 He loves peanut butter


He had the jar in his mouth


Getting ready to dig in...

And, he is in!!

Well...I can't think of anything else to bore y'all with!  So...I'll say good-night.  Sundance is carrying Valentino's Kong around...I think it's a hint!!

I almost forgot...I have lost a total of 23 pounds!!  Whoopee!!  Yippee for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment