Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Tried A New Dessert Recipe for Dinner at Sister Taylor's House

Sister Taylor in Beggs invited us over for dinner on Friday night.  I said I'd bring a salad and the dessert.  So, of course I turned to the dessert section in my fave WW cookbook!  I decided to make Pineapple Upside-Down Shortcakes.  They were fabulous...only seven points plus per shortcake.  Yummo!!  Read further down and I will give the recipe with pics...

 Mine looked almost as good!!


You will need: 
1/4 cup +3 teaspoons packed brown sugar (I used Splenda brown sugar)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon pumkin-pie spice
1 (15 1/4 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
6 refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits (I used reduced-fat Grands)
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2.  Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used Splenda brown sugar), lemon juice, and pumpkin pie spice. in small bowl.  Divide sugar mixture evenly among muffin cups; top evenly with pineapple.  Add 1 biscuit to each cup, gently pressing it along side of the cup to help it adhere.  Sprinkle each biscuit with 1/2 teaspoon of remaining brown sugar.
3.  Bake until pineapple mixture is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown, about 12 minutes.  Let shortcakes cool in pan 5 minutes.  Invert onto large plate and serve warm.

Divide sugar mixture evenly among muffin cups

Top evenly with pineapple

Add 1 biscuit to each cup, gently pressing it along side of the cup to help it adhere.  Sprinkle each biscuit with 1/2 teaspoon of remaining brown sugar.  This was from my second batch; I had some other reduced-fat biscuits in the fridge, so decided to use those for a second batch, so I pressed two smaller biscuits to make a larger shortcake.

The finished shortcakes!

 Brother Sacker was probably playing chess on his phone!

Brother Sacker and Sister Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment