Tuesday, June 7, 2011

These Are My New Projects! Edamame Soy Beans for Lunch, And, Tuesday Is Salad Night, Also!!

I bought this blue painted dresser for $5.00 last year in Okmulgee, Sister Taylor gave me the painted desk and I bought the blue painted chair for $2.00 in Okmulgee last year.  These three pieces have been sitting in my garage since last year and I finally decided to strip them and re-finish them.  And, of course, I decided that I would start today...in 98 degree weather!!  I am using a liquid stripper on all three pieces, then will probably need to get out my old sander (I have my Daddy's old sander!!  I sure could use a new one...hint, hint, Brother Sacker!!)  and work some magic on each piece.  I'm thinking I may paint the dresser a creamy pale yellow or off-white and use it as my desk in our office...with that cute lucite lamp that I bought at Goodwill!! 

I bought that pool last year, at summer's end and got a great deal on it!  So, I thought I'd inflate it today and hop in and enjoy some cold water between stripping the furniture.  So...I ended up calling Liz to see if Devon could come over and do the inflating cuz it just got plain old HOT outside!!  Hopefully he can do it tomorrow!

I had Edamame soy beans for lunch today.  I prefer the kind in the shell, still.  I nuke them for about eight minutes and yummo!!  Probably about eight or nine points.  Shelling them is theraputic!!  At least for me!

I played outside with the boys this morning and this evening, after watering my outside plants and flowers and was just too hot and tired to cook!  So, after a nice, cool shower, Brother Sacker and I went to Panera Bread and I had a Fuji Apple Chicken Salad and a whole grain baguette...the salad is 11 points and the bread is 4 (or maybe 3...it was a VERY SMALL piece of bread!!)...so, had a healthy dinner.

Ok...it is kinda an ugly blue color, but 
won't be for long! 

Someone gave this to Sister Taylor and she gave it to
me.  Weird paint job, huh?  Might be tough to strip. 

Love this chair...don't love the color!

I LOVE the liquid stripper...it bubbles up and you should
just be able to wipe it off...at least that's the concept!!

 My little pool

Didn't get real far before I called for reinforcements!!
  
 Before...

 And, after!!

 Can you even SEE that tiny little piece of bread?!
Love that Fuji Apple Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment