Friday, June 3, 2011

A Tramatic Start to Our Friday!!

The other day, I reached for something under the kitchen sink and noticed some shredded paper towel pieces in the cabinet.  Later that same day, I reached under the sink in Brother Sacker's bathroom and noticed shredded toilet paper pieces in the cabinet.  So, we figured we have a mouse!  I'm not afraid of mice, I just don't like them because they just seem filthy!!  ICK!  So, yesterday I went to Lowe's and talked to a man there about mouse traps.  He asked me what I wanted to do...catch and release the mouse or kill it.  Naturally, I said I want to kill it!  So, he recommended the mouse traps in the following pictures.  He said to just put peanut butter inside it and wham...dead mouse!!  They stick their head in the trap to eat the peanut butter and it snaps their neck...supposedly!!  So...Brother Sacker set two traps...one in the cabinet under the kitchen sink and one in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.  (My bathroom apparently didn't appeal to the filthy little creatures!!)  This morning, Brother Sacker opened the cabinet in the kitchen and called me in the kitchen.  We both were looking at the back of the trap when suddenly it moved!!  Yikes!!  Brother Sacker looked and me and said, "I think I caught something bigger than a mouse!"  Well, apparently this little mouse didn't read the directions on the package, because she (I think it was a girl...it built a "nest"...see below) caught her leg in the trap, not her neck!!  Brother Sacker took some tongs and reached in and got the trap, with the mouse hanging off of it by one leg!!  He then proceeded to take it outside and beat the mouse on the sidewalk till it died and then he released it.  Talk about tramatic!  Anyway, I cleaned under the kitchen sink and swept out the nest...my stomach was flip-flopping the whole time.  Not the ideal way to begin the day!!

The "nest" I swept out from under the kitchen sink

The Tomcat mousetrap

Great idea, if the mouse cooperates!!






No comments:

Post a Comment