Thursday, July 11, 2013

Siding was going on today!!

The front of our new house will be brick, some cedar shake, and stone.  The sides and back of the house will be siding; which they started to put up today.  As I came around the curve of our street, Fern Place, I saw the house with some of the siding on and just loved how it looked!!  I'm really anxious to see how it will all look finished, of course; especially the front of the house!!  The front door is also up; it will be painted black.  I have a really pretty wrought iron chair that I spray painted black that will be on the front porch with a plant on it. 
I've started getting things ready for the moving sale...things are piling up on our dining room table VERY quickly!  We're taking down the bed in the guest room this weekend, so we can start using the guest room as storage for packed boxes, etc.  I was feeling overwhelmed for a few days, but I'm getting a handle on sorting and packing now.  I was making more wreaths for the house, but have put those on hold till we get moved in.  I have to finish sanding and painting my desk, paint a dresser and our wicker loveseat and those projects will be done.
Some of the pictures have been cropped a little more than usual; the construction guys don't always wear a lot of clothing, since they're working in 96 degree weather, so I cropped them out of the pictures!!

Left side of the house, with siding on.
They were starting to put siding up on the right side.
 
Front door...it will be painted black.


No comments:

Post a Comment