Saturday, July 13, 2013

Final Construction Walkthrough

On Friday (July 12), Brother Sacker and I met with Mark, the construction supervisor of our new house for the final CONSTRUCTION walkthrough.  This was when Brother Sacker decided where he wanted CAT-6 lines run.  And, to make sure that all the outlets we requested were where they were supposed to be...and they all were!!  And, where the mountings and wires for our surveillance cameras will be.  And, Brother Sacker decided he needed a ceiling fan in his office, so they need to put the correct bracing in place for that.  And, a myriad of other things that were boring, so I wandered off and watched a guy cut siding, which was kind of cool.  And, I talked to the guys putting in the insulation; I thought one guy was REALLY tall, but it turned out that he was actually on these stilt things!!  They also had installed the tub/shower enclosure in the hall bathroom.  And, Mark pointed out that the three windows in the living room were a "free upgrade" for us!!  Uh, yeah...that just meant that they put in the wrong windows!!  They were only supposed to be five foot high windows and fixed, which means they would not have screens and would not go up or down...fixed!!  I had wondered about the windows, because the first time that I saw them, they were open!!  And, I knew they were supposed to be fixed windows!  And, I thought they were taller than what they were supposed to be!  I LOVE that they will open and have screens; I love to open the windows in the house when the weather is cooler and just enjoy a nice breeze!!  Now, I'll be able to have a nice cross breeze!  We upgraded the air conditioning unit and upgraded the insulation also, so our new house will be 93% energy efficient...much lower heating and air conditioning costs!!

Energy efficient furnace.  Not much to
look at, but it will save us a LOT of
money!!
Aren't those stilt things cool?
This is in the master bedroom.
Tub/shower enclosure in the hall bathroom
Six foot windows that actually open!!  Can't wait for some
cool Autumn weather, so we can enjoy a nice cool breeze!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment