Thursday, August 1, 2013

Our house...WOW!!

WOW...WOW...WOW!!!  They are really working hard on our new house!!  We were out there this past Monday and the dishwasher, stove and microwave were in boxes in the garage.  All the lights and faucets were in boxes in the garage, also.  Today...all those items were installed!  I talked to Mark, our wonderful and patient construction manager, today and he did point out that the countertops in the kitchen were being removed because the back parts did not belong on them.  We had chosen Mexican tile to be installed as the backsplash in the kitchen.  The same small tile that you see in the master bath is the backsplash in our kitchen.  Also, I noticed that the two windows to be retrofitted (one in the master bedroom and one in the hall bath) were in the kitchen!  Mark told me today that they are trying to get the house done by the last week of August!!  YIKES!!  I asked Mark when the stonework would be put on the front of the house and he showed me where the framing for the concrete for our sidewalks, front porch and walkway from the garage to the front door was already up.  He said they would pour the concrete for all those things early next week and then the stonework would go up...I'm anxious to see that done!!  I love the carriage lights installed on either side of the garage door (picture shows a different garage door than the one we ordered...still on back order!)  The tile incorrectly installed in the entryway had been removed, also.  Until the window in the hall bath is installed, I can't get a picture of it to post, because its dark in there!!  Here's today's pictures...
Carriage lights on either side of the "borrowed" garage door
and there is our house number, too!!

Fan in our living room

Double sinks installed and lights installed
in the master bath
Microwave and stove installed.  Kitchen counter will
be removed and replaced with tile backsplash.
 
I LOVE the faucet on the tub in the master bath!  See those
smaller tiles?  Those are also the tiles that will be the backsplash
in the kitchen...aren't they pretty?

Chandelier in the dining room.  I told Mark that I wasn't crazy
about this fixture, but the more I look at it, the more I really
DO like it!  Of course, the hanging chain will be covered up
with a cord cover!!

The windows to be retrofitted.  Ah...sunlight
in the hall bath too!!
This is the chandelier in the eat-in part
of our kitchen.  Cord cover to be installed
soon!!  I hate seeing cords!

Framing for the walkway and front porch.  Valentino goes with
me every day.  Today, he got lost in the house, looking for me!!
Our new house is 2000 sq ft...the house we are moving out of is
1070 sq ft!

1 comment:

  1. Your new home is looking very nice.. It amazes me how fast they are getting it done!!

    ReplyDelete