Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Those elusive windows are back!! Wood flooring is going down, also.

So, Brother Sacker spoke to Nick at Rausch Coleman this afternoon, and Nick says our house will be done by the end of next week!!  I just got a text message from Brother Sacker that we are actually closing on our new house on Tuesday, August 27th!!  I loaded Valentino in the car and off we went to see what all had been done since last week.  Much to my happiness...those two windows that had previously "disappeared" have now reappeared!  To say I'm delighted would be an understatement!!  Even though I couldn't get in the hall bathroom to get an interior picture today, you can see it in the picture of the wood flooring being laid and an exterior picture.  I did get in the master bedroom and took a picture of the additional window...it not only provides additional light in the master bedroom, but also balances the room.  There were two men installing the wood flooring today; they were working in the hallway, dining room and living room.  I had almost forgotten what color floor we had decided on, so I'm glad I got to see it...I LOVE the color!!  Not too dark and not real light...just perfect!!  (At least to us!)  Also, they put up the four support columns in the front of the house and they are getting ready to landscape (lay sod and plant a tree!)  My moving sale has been moved to Friday and Saturday, August 16 and 17!!  So...check it out!!

 
Four support columns up.  They will have brick and stone
on them.
The window on the left in the master bedroom was just
retrofitted today!
 
See that small window on the right side?  That is the window
in the hall bath that had disappeared somehow!!  Just
retrofitted today, also!!
 
That guy is laying the wood floor in our living room.  You
can see our hall bath with the new window there, too!

The wood floor in our entryway/front hallway.  They were
starting to lay the floor in our dining room, also.

3 comments:

  1. The house is looking beautiful, Viktoria! The pace is right on track and appears you will indeed have a completed house this week. I'm glad the elusive windows are back AND installed ;o)
    You are doing exactly what you need to do; birddog the progress daily and never hesitate to ask questions or voice a concern as you will be the ones to look @ it for many years so no regrets is the name of the game. VERY happy for you aand David!
    Forry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birddog is my new middle name! David calls me the warrior for our new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria your house is beautiful it looks like you finally have the house of your dreams I'm very happy for you and David and all the blessings you deserve I love you sis your whole family loves you

    ReplyDelete