Monday, October 25, 2010

The dreaded pine cone scat! Oooooooh, scary!!

When we were getting our suitcases out of our rental car at our delightful little cabin in the woods outside of the Mt. Rainier State Park, Brother Sacker called me over to the side of the car and pointed down at the ground.  I should preface this post with the fact that I am SO afraid of bears that Brother Sacker calls me bear-anoid and even got me a huge can of bear spray when we went backpacking on our honeymoon...a whole other post for that!!  Anyway...knowing how terrified I am of EVER meeting up or seeing a bear, Brother Sacker delights in scaring me whenever he can.  So, I go over to the side of the car and he points down at the ground and said he thought there was some bear scat (aka poop!) and to be ever watchful for black bears.  I knelt down and picked up the "scat" and it was actually a small pinecone!!  So, now I tease Brother Sacker about the dreaded pine cone scat whenever he tried to freak me out about anything!!  and BTW...Brother Sacker actually really thought it was bear scat!!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment