Friday, October 22, 2010

My (almost) new Vera Wang booties!!

My friend, Sister Ann Taylor from Beggs, and I spend one day a week together...sometimes we go to Okmulgee and have lunch and shop or we might come to Tulsa or maybe just go explore another small town here in Oklahoma.  Today we went to Okmulgee and had lunch and then went shopping.  We ended our shopping at the Salvation Army store...she loves that place and I loathe it!  I have never (up until today, that is) found anything worth buying there.  So, today, Sister Taylor was looking at clothes and I was just wandering around the store like I usually do.  She called me over to where she was and as I was walking over...I happened to glance up at a display and lo and behold, I see a cute pair of black booties with a $5.00 tag on them.  I also noticed that they were a size 7.5...my size!!  So, I picked them up and looked inside to see what brand they are.  I almost fainted with joy when I saw the inside:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang!!  Whoo Hoo!!  They have never even been worn!  I was overjoyed!  When I took them to the counter to pay for them, the man says, "That will be $1.10".  I handed him the money and practically floated on air to my car!!  $1.10 for a new pair of Vera Wang black booties?  Are you kidding me?!!  I can't wait to wear them.  I showed them to Brother Sacker when I got home and he said that anytime I find shoes or boots for $1.10, he just doesn't have a problem with me buying them...yeah, like this will ever happen to me, again!!   Leslie Gibson Lewing...eat your shoe shopping heart out!!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I am going to start going to salvation army much often now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete