Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Perils of a Black Slip and Black Skirt, Weird Thing at Subway and I'm Down 8.4 Pounds!!

Last week Brother Sacker called and said that ProMatic (our mechanics in Glenpool) finally had my car ready!!  Whoo Hoo...they had it for two weeks.  And, that he was on his way to pick me up to go get my car...uh oh...I'm not dressed, yet!  So, I very quickly pulled on a black skirt, slip, a shirt and shoes, etc. and ran out to get in the car.  We waited at ProMatic for about 20 minutes while they did some "last minute" stuff and then they said I could just go to the garage and get my car; which I did.  I sat down in my seat and noticed that I could see my slip...so I start pulling my black skirt down.  And, I pulled it down some more.  And, I pulled it down some more.  I almost had my skirt completely pulled off when I finally figured out that I had worn my black slip OVER my black skirt, instead of UNDER my black skirt!!  Thank goodness there were only men at ProMatic and of course they would never know the difference!!  Once I got home, I remedied the situation amidst Brother Sacker's (and, yes, mine, too!) laughter.  I told my friend Pat Castleman that it must be my age showing, but she said, nope...I was starting a new trend to save wear and tear on our skirts and dresses!!  Thanks, Pat!!
A few days ago, on my way home from shopping (yea...imagine that!!), I stopped at the Subway in the Tulsa Hills shopping area.  As I walked in, I noticed the Subway employee coming down the hall from the bathroom and said a silent prayer that said employee had washed his/her hands after using the bathroom.  For those of you that don't know it...I have a germ phobia.  The reason I refer to the employee as he/she...I honestly could NOT tell the gender of this young person!  Not by the clothes...jeans and t-shirt.  (another great reason girls should dress like girls not boys!!)  Not by the voice.   Absolutely NO clue as to gender!  Anyway...an older gentleman walks up and stands a few feet away from me while I'm ordering.  I ordered a black forest ham SALAD...very specifically said a SALAD.   So, the first words out of this kid's mouth was...do you want lettuce?!  I heard the gentleman next to me stifle a laugh, turned to look at him and he just laughed and shrugged his shoulders!  So, I said yes...I'd love for my salad to be made with lettuce and to also throw some spinach in there, also.  Next thing this kid asks me is if I want spinach!  Again, the gentleman stifles a laugh and shrugs his shoulders.  I just looked at this kid and said yes...I'd love spinach.  So, now my salad container has spinach and lettuce in it and the kid moves the "bowl" down the line for my veggies.  I stated again that I wanted black forest ham and the kid just looks at me like "yeah?"  So, I start telling the kid what veggies I wanted and throw in that I would like some ham on it, also!  By now, the older gentleman next to me cannot possibly stifle his laughter...he is laughing out loud!!  Because I still have NO HAM on my salad with HAM!!!  Finally, since this kid is obviously NOT getting the fact that I want ham on my salad...I asked him/her if they were EVER going to put ham on my salad.  The reply was that yes, but that isn't how he/she makes a salad; he/she only puts the ham on AFTER the dressing is put on!!  So, I said (very sweetly, of course!!) well...since this is MY ham salad, since I am the one paying for it and eating it...I want the ham on the salad before the dressing is put on it.  I'm told again that this is not how he/she makes their salad.  Of course, the older gentleman next to me is almost beside himself with laughter and I am now laughing, also!  So, I said (very sweetly, of course!!) okay...listen...this is NOT your salad; this is MY salad...again; I'm paying for it, I'm eating it (hopefully sometime SOON!) and I'd be more than happy to jump back there and make the salad the way I want it made or he/she can make the salad the way I, the paying customer, want it made!  I'm looking around for hidden cameras because by now I'm thinking that this kid cannot possibly be for real!!  So...we have a stand-off for about six seconds, then he/she very dramatically rolls his/her eyes, sighs heavily and goes back to the meat section, and cuts the ham and throws (yes, literally throws) the ham on my salad.  While the ham is being cut, he/she states (not asks) that I don't want no cheese, do I.  Pardon the horrible grammer...I never use double negatives in a sentence!!  I said no, I didn't want ANY cheese.  Then he/she states (again...doesn't ask!!) that I don't want no croutons, do I.  Again with the double negatives?  I'm wondering where this kid went to school!!  So, no I do not want ANY croutons!  And, to save him/her time, I say that I don't want ANY crackers, either!!  So, of course, he/she asks me if I don't want no crackers!  The double negatives are killing me!!  By this time...the older gentleman and I are both laughing and the kid behind the counter is staring at us like we are both crazy!!  But, I finally did get my salad with ham on it and yes...it was delicious!!  As I was walking away I heard the gentleman place his order for...a black forest ham salad...perhaps he is a glutton for punishment?!!
Brother Sacker and I both weighed in at Weight Watchers tonight...I have lost 8.4 pounds and he has lost 17 pounds!!  Whoo Hoo for the Sackers!!  Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. OMW!!!! I just about fell out of my chair laughing because of your slip accident....Travis was looking at me like I was nuts!!!

    I have about the same problems when I go to Subway, almost everytime! To bad I like the food too much!

    I am very excited for y'all! Y'all are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete