Sunday, April 24, 2011

Catching Up...

Lots of things to catch up on this past week!  Last Tuesday through Friday, I spent from about 9:00 am till 11:30 am at the Lighthouse Christian Academy administering the IOWA tests to the second graders...all three of them!  We were in the chapel every day.  We had a good time and they all three were pretty well behaved considering they had to test for three hours every morning!!  I actually enjoyed spending time with these kiddos!!  Hayden is one of my special pals...he even made me a Mother's Day card one year when Brother Sacker and I were helping at the Beggs church...I am saving it so I can show it to him when he is 16 years old...just to remind him how adorable he is!!  I grabbed him Saturday night after prayer and hugged him and asked him if he knew how much I love him.  He said bunches!  What a smart little guy...because I do love him bunches!

 Hayden, Meagan and Jeriah

 Working on some word searches between testing

All four of us survived!  

My Secret Sister gave me a glass snail...bless her heart, there is no way for her to know how creeped out I am by snails!!  So, I put him outside in one of my plants on the porch.  Haven't taken a picture of it in it's new home, yet...it is just too rainy out. 

Creepy!  But, a nice note to go with it!

I have lost 25 pounds!!  Yippee for me!  And, I hit my second goal of losing 10 per cent of my starting weight.  I got this really cool keychain thingy for meeting my 10 per cent goal.

Cool, huh?  It looks like a 10!

I have several Weight Watchers cookbooks and I am trying five or six new recipes from one of them this week.  I made lasagna and also some sauteed plantains on Saturday night.  Ten points per square of lasagna and four points for the sauteed plantains!  I froze some of the lasagna for future meals.  It was delicious!!


 My first time making lasagna...it was good!

Sauteed plantains...I also put in some diced apples

After EVERY service, Garrett and Hayden come over to our pew and they play games on my iPad!  It started out just Garrett.  Then, Hayden joined him.  Now, Blake and Brennan have joined them!  I just love these kiddos!!

 Blake, Garrett, Hayden and Brennan

They probably know my iPad better than me! 

Gotta love that Blake!! 

Aren't they just adorable?!

And, last but certainly not least...this is what my darling Secret Sister gave me today.  We have our revealing luncheon this coming Saturday...I can't wait to find out who she is!!  I will post pictures of what I am giving her this Saturday, as soon as I find out who she is...don't want to spoil her surprise, either!!  Elizabeth and I sat in the pew and read the entire book...someone told me that we looked like two little girls with our heads together reading the book and laughing and crying!

 The gift bag looks like a purse...how cute is that?

A really cool picture frame (with a little bling on it!!)
Also, a little book called "God Thinks You're Wonderful" 

Isn't that the cutest gift bag?   

She even personalized it with Brother Sackers name, my
name and my son's name!

Well...that's enough to bore y'all to tears tonight!  I hope everyone had a nice Easter Sunday and remember why we celebrate Easter...He is risen!

2 comments:

  1. Great Post and good pictures of the children!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! Guess we'll see less of you at church this week :)

    ReplyDelete