Monday, April 18, 2011

Diplomacy on the Home Front (or Ladies, don't try this at home!!)

OK...so most of you know that Brother Sacker and I are following the Weight Watchers plan.  Brother Sacker has lost 45 pounds and I have lost 23 pounds.  And, I'm buying a few new clothing items and loving the fact that I no longer wear 2X size clothes, but now can wear size 14/16 or XL clothes.  Whoopee!!   So, last Wednesday night, I put on a dress and asked Brother Sacker if I looked fat...do I look alright in this dress!  I wish I had video taped the struggle Brother Sacker was having trying to come up with an honest answer to that age old question...honey, does this dress make me look fat?!  I had already determined that I wasn't liking what I was seeing in the mirror, but thought I'd get a second opinion!  Bless his heart...in the space of just a few seconds, Brother Sacker went through a vast array of emotions...and, none of them good!!  So...finally, Brother Sacker says "I'm so proud of you for losing so much weight.  However, that dress kind of accentuates parts of you that you may want to work on some more"!!  So, I said, "You know, you're right!  I'm changing clothes."  The look of pure relief on Brother Sacker's face was a Kodak moment.  He finally asked me if what he said was okay...I wasn't hurt or offended?  Me...nope, not at all.  I asked for his honest opinion and he gave it.  If I didn't want to know how I looked...I certainly wouldn't have asked him!  I have known Brother Sacker since February 14, 2000 and that was the first time I asked him that question!  We both survived!  I just love Brother Sacker!!  What a Diplomat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment