Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our house...is almost a home!

Rausch Coleman is finished building our house!  On Tuesday, August 20, Brother Sacker, me, Brother Stan Short, Mark C. (our wonderful Construction Manager) and Nick A. (our VERY patient, Rausch Coleman rep) will meet at our new house for a walk-through.  I already started a list of things that I would like to see corrected (see previous posts), but there really were not that many things.  I notice things like cabinet doors not hung correctly, etc.  Brother Stan Short is going with us because he notices things like drainage problems, etc.  As Nick said...we will be going through the house with a fine tooth comb!!

I looked up the definition of house and home...mainly because some people ask me how is the home building coming along and I've always thought of a house as simply the building and a home as where you live with your family.  That was the reason I titled this post the way I did!!  Our house is built and on Tuesday, August 27th, after signing a million forms...our house will then become our home!!

House:  noun: a building that serves as living quarters for one or a few families

Home:  noun:  1.  one's place of residence 2.  the social unit formed by a family living together

We went by our new house after church today.  Of course, it was locked!  But, we looked in the windows...the floors are clean and shiny, the carpets have been vacuumed, the windows are sparkling clean, our new garage door was installed, AND the fence posts are in!  I'll go over tomorrow and see if the fence is completely up and get pictures.  But, I don't want to go inside until Tuesday when we do our walk-thru.  I've seen the carpeting and the kitchen tile backsplash, but I can hardly wait to see Brother Sacker's reaction when he sees how very nice the inside is.  The outside of our new house amazes me...it's exactly what we both wanted it to look like!


Our house!!  Isn't it gorgeous?!  Over on the left side, you can see where they have the fence posts up.  And, that is
actually our garage door, not the "borrowed" one that was up before.

No comments:

Post a Comment